Search This Blog

One stop search, watch and play

Sign My iBook:

Browse This Website In:

Bookmarking Us:

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pacquiao vs Clottey Online




    WBO Welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao isn’t taking Ghanaian challenger Joshua “The Hitter” Clottey light and will be careful not to knock heads when they clash at the Cowboys Staduim in Arlington, Texas, on March 13.
    Clottey, 32, has an unsavory history of butting opponents and that’s something Pacquiao should be wary of.
    In 1999, Clottey was disqualified for repeatedly butting Argentina’s Carlos Baldomir in the 11th round of a fight for that International Boxing Council Welterweight title at the Weembley arena in London. He was docked two points for butting Baldomir in the 10th and did it again the next round, resulting in his disqualification. Curiously, the head-strong Clottey led on the three judges’ scorecards, 96-92,95-93,,96-92, at the time of the stoppage.
      Inspiring Clottey to beat Pacquiao is his legendary Hall of Fame countryman Azumah Nelson whose style him emulates. Nelson’s chief sparring partner Kwame Asante is Clottey trainer.
   “I want to be the best” said Clottey, quoted by James Slater in eastsideboxing.com “I want the people to respect me as the best. I want people to say that the guy from Ghana is the best in the world. I always do all I can to get that respect. I want to be appreciated, this game is so hard, I want to be recognized for having longevity and for giving the fans the fights they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chat Room






Count Flag

free counters